We meet on the 4th Thursday in the month from 10.00-12.00 noon at the Great Malvern Hotel.
The Science Group is concerned primarily with Biology, mostly, but not exclusively, with Evolution and Genetics. The aim of the members is to continue within this framework, incorporating biological principles and processes as they arise, but to include specific topics where relevant. It is intended that visits to museums and external lectures will be planned to further the knowledge of members of the Group. The level of detail covered has ranged from pre-‘O’ Level to undergraduate, as required, but there is no need for formal qualifications, other than an inquiring mind!
Currently the numbers attending could be increased by one or two more people. However, should there be sufficient demand, it might be possible to run an Introductory Science course for those who feel that their knowledge is ‘rusty’, or a parallel course using the materials already developed over the past 3 years for new members. Any member of Malvern U3A who would like more details may e-mail the Group’s leader, Alan Gray. In particular, anyone who would like to present would be most welcome.
Please note the following:
1. There will be a joint meeting of the Science and Biological Psychology groups on 8 Dec 16.
2. There will be no Science Group meeting on 29 Dec 16.
3. There will be no Psychology Group meeting on 12 Jan 17.
4. The next Science Group meeting will be on 26 Jan 17.
5. In February and all subsequent months, the Psychology Group will meet at 100hrs on the morning and the Science Group will meet at 1400hrs on the afternoon of the second Thursday of each month. There will be no other meetings of both Groups.
Leader: Alan Gray
Phone: 01684 572450
Email: alanjohngray -at- gmail -dot- com