We meet on the 2nd Wednesday of the month from 10.00-12.00 at venue.
During the warmer months we organise outdoor visits to areas of interest in Malvern and surrounding areas. We encourage the study of geology especially in the Malvern area and in adjacent counties. This includes looking at the interaction between geology and landscapes and related topics such as the stones used in our buildings and monuments. We aim to learn more about the subject by:
- Organising lectures/talks by visiting speakers
- Visiting areas of interest both locally and further afield
- Encouraging study and research in small groups
- Providing a library of geology maps, leaflets and books
- Arranging residential field trips in the UK and overseas
- We provide a series of introductory talks in the early autumn for newcomers to the subject
- We email to all members a monthly newsletter and have a comprehensive website that gives details of our previous activities
Visitors are always welcome to group meetings. For further details of the group’s past activities and future programmes click HERE to go to our website.
Phone: 01684 565926
Email: rmrhunt -at- sky -dot- com
Contact: Richard Harris
Email: richardlangleyharris -at- gmail -dot- com