This page will contain information about online Group meetings, and any other useful information, whilst the coronavirus outbreak persists.
Click here for Zoom matters
Do you want to visit a new group? A number of groups have offered to open their online meetings to all those who might be interested. Details are below, please contact the group leader/contact involved to get an invite to join.
|Bridge Duplicate 2||Chris Dyer||Weekly||Monday & Thursday - various times||May be expanded to other dates if necessary|
|Family History & Geneology||Gwen Evans||Fortnightly||2nd & 4th Tuesday 10.00 - 12.00|
|Geology||Roger Hunt||Weekly||Wednesday 10.00 - 12.00|
|German Conversation||Michael Lewent||Weekly||Monday 14.30 - 16.00||Any standard welcome|
|Military History||Alan Gray||Fortnightly||Friday 10.00 - 12.00|
|Quiz||Tessa Hartog||Fortnightly||NA||Link to quiz emailed|
|Science||Alan Gray||Fortnightly||Thursday 10.00 - 12.00|
|Archaeology||Michael Lewent||Weekly||Monday 10.30 - 11.30|
Do you want to host Zoom meetings for longer than 40 minutes? If so contact Roger Hunt
Malvern U3A Zoom User Guides
User Guide – Participant Latest version: 2
Zoom User Guide – host Latest version: 2
Version 2 updates include:
- Recommend using ‘Copy the Invitation’ method for sending invites rather than specific email clients; eg Outlook
- Update security advice:
- Ensure the password option is used
- Use of Waiting Rooms to control the admittance of participants
- Security of meeting links; do not share a meeting link on an unrestricted publicly available social media post. Provide the link directly to specific people.
- Limit screen sharing; if possible, limit to ‘Host Only’
- Update software whenever notified